|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Yellow Creek School District 4686 fonds|
|Date:||1940-1956 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||5 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Processed by Mary Nutting
Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD
|Note:||Historical notes are from Chepi Sepe.|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
The Yellow Creek School was built on the SE 17-80-6-W6 on land donated by the Stefan Badiuk family. A teacherage was also on site. In 1959 the school was closed, the land returned to the Badiuk family and the school building sold to Walter and Vera Grela who moved it to their farm. This farm later became the Dobish farm.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of Daily Registers from 1940-1956. Teachers recording attendance were Edward Rockarts, Sam Gordon, Elisabeth Palate, Ethel Fildes, Mary Warren, Twila Dale , Evelyn Taylor, Evelyn Wells, Nancy Kapral, Mrs. M.E. Smyth, Mrs. N. Cook, Sonya Pawluski and W.G. Marles.
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
No accruals are expected.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)