To manage capacity at the South Peace Regional Archives Reading Room we will be facilitating access by appointment only. During your appointment you will be able to access our holdings as well as our Reference Files and Library. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
How to book an appointment:
- Appointments can be booked online through the form below, or by calling 780-830-5105. Please note: if you require a meeting with a specific staff member, please call and speak with them directly to ensure that they will be available to meet with you.
- Appointments are available Wednesday – Friday, 10:00am to 4:00pm and Saturday, 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Appointments can be booked in 1, 2, or 3 hour blocks.
- In order to ensure access to multiple researchers we ask that researchers do not book more than 3 hours of research time per day. If for some reason you require more than 3 hours of time on a specific date please contact us directly at 780-830-5105 to discuss.
- When booking please include as much detail about your project and what records you wish to access as possible. This will allow staff to prepare and pull materials prior to your arrival, and maximize your research time.
- Before booking your appointment we recommend identifying which records you would like to see. Our research page will guide you through this process. Please provide as many details as possible about the records you hope to view.
What to expect for your visit:
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early for your appointment.
- Please enter through the front doors of the Grande Prairie Museum and check in at the front desk. You will then be escorted back to the Archives.
- Please note: The Grande Prairie Museum opens at 10 am so you will not be able to enter the building earlier than that.
- You will be asked to leave your possessions at the entrance of the archives, a bin will be provided for you. The only possessions you are permitted to bring into the archives are your phone, tablet, a laptop computer, pencil (no pens), and paper.
- No food or drink are permitted in the reading room.
- No archival or reference materials may leave the reading room for any reason. If you require a reproduction or copy of materials please enquire with staff.