|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Rycroft Rural High School District No.19 fonds|
|Date:||1938-1941 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||1.5 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Processed by Mary Nutting
Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD
|Note:||A complete list of teachers can be found in Wheatfields and Wildflowers p. 48-49|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
In 1938 the west basement room of the newly-built Rycroft school became the high school. Frances Dever was the first high school teacher, followed by Wilbur Lyle, Miss Ballantyne, and Mrs. Hartwell who taught from 1941-1951.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of 3 Daily Registers from 1938-1941.
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
No accruals are expected.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)