|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Peoria Seventh Day Adventist Church School fonds|
|Date:||1963-1964 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||0.5 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Processed by Mary Nutting
Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
In 1934, Elder Rick and his congregation voted to establish a church school and appointed Dorse Prosser, chairman, and W.J. Rottacker, secretary. A 2-room school on a full basement was built across from the church, and while under construction, students met in the church. Mrs. Maude Wright taught elementary grades and Albert Letz taught higher grades. For a couple of years, students from the Mersey school attended this school and the school became the hub of social life in the community. A barn was built with each family responsible for their own stall and feed. In 1952 this school was torn down and a one-room school built in Peoria which was more central at the time. In 1965, un pastor John Anderson, a new two-room school was built in Peoria on land donated by W.J. Rottacker. The Belloy and Peoria church schools joined and a school bus purchased to transport students. Later 2 more rooms were added and was still in use in 1982.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of 1 Daily Register from 1963-64, recorded by Walter Schram.
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
No accruals are expected.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)