|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Mersey School District 4272 fonds|
|Date:||1926-1952 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||10 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Processed by Mary Nutting
Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
The Mersey School District was formed in the Peoria area in 1927 with George Reiswig, chairman and O.L. Toftner, secretary/treasurer. The school site selected was SE ¼ 36-76-3 W6. The school house was in operation by January, 1928, with Marion Nicol the first teacher. By the fall of 1940, Mr. J. Sather was elected to be the delegate for this subdivision which was to be incorporated in the Spirit River School Division 47. The area served was divided into East Peoria and Mersey: the Mersey school was reopened 1mile north and 2 miles west of Peoria.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of minutes from 1926-1940 and Daily Registers from 1928-1952, recorded by teachers Marion Micol, Mande Wright, Dorothy Cox, Mrs. Dea Moore, Grace Farewell, Erika Eggert, Elizabeth Malnosky, L.J. Wlson, H Martin, Frieda Kandt, Mrs. M.E. Wellman, Phyllis McLean, Claudina Wegh (supervisor), and Mrs. Madge Murphy.
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
No accruals are expected
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)