|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Ksituan School District 4549 fonds|
|Date:||1940-1956 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||2.5 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Processed by Mary Nutting
Exported from AoR and added to new database May 2022 – TD
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
The Ksituan School District, located 12 miles northwest of Spirit River, built its school in 1932 with Mike Hucul as carpenter. School opened in 1933. In 1943 the school was bursting with 50 students taught by R.E. Parlee. Mrs. Parlee helped add to scanty lunches by providing homemade soup or cocoa, and students helped by bringing vegetables, meat or milk. The school was often closed in the spring due to flooded roads. In 1956, the school closed and children were bussed to Blueberry Creek.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of Daily Registers from 1940-1956 completed by the following teachers: Joseph Bahry, Henry Wiebe, Elza Verstraete, Kathleen Bice, Mrs. K. Glowasky, Adelaide Lehman, B Cage, Miss N. Bryzgorni, Eugenia Smakula, and Jean Kowalchuk.
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
No accruals are expected
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)