|Repository:||South Peace Regional Archives|
|Title:||Kleskun Lake School District 2743 fonds|
|Date:||1913-1916; 1927-1933 (date of creation)|
|Physical description:||1.5 cm of textual records|
|Dates of creation, revision and deletion:||Exported from AoR and added to new database April 2022 – TD|
Administrative history / Biographical sketch
Kleskun Lake School was established ca. 1912 when the number of children in the district exceeded the capacity of the Kleskun Hill School. Robert Cochrane was the contractor. Teachers included Edna Agar, H. B. Kellett, A. V. Raison, Agnes Melsness, Martha Hennig, H.L. Bjork, Gordon Forbes, Martha Gudlaugson, Newton Grimmett, Beverly Macomber, Marjorie Sebastion, Beth Thorne, Henry Wiebe, and Venice Jones. Kleskun Lake School closed with the advent of consolidation in the late 40s or early 50s.
The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of 7 Daily Registers.
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions.
- Textual record (documentary form)
- Education (subject)