The May 28. 1928 paper announces the establishment of an airport in Grande Prairie for forestry patrol work. It was completed a year later, one of only five airports in the Province. It had four runways that would accommodate the largest plane built. It was to be fitted with a wireless station for weather reports. Two planes on loan to the Forestry Department from the Royal Air Service would act as fire spotters. The field would also be used by commercial planes.