The South Peace Regional Archives is closed from February 1, 2024 to May 1, 2024
The South Peace Regional Archives is moving to their new facility in Centre 2000! During the move, the Archives will be closed to the public.
Since it was founded in 2000, the South Peace Regional Archives has operated out of the Grande Prairie Museum but will now be moving to our new permanent facility in Centre 2000. This move to a larger facility will allow us to be more accessible and increase the services we can offer.
To facilitate the safe relocation of the collection, the Archives will be closed to the public from February 1 to May 1, 2024. During this time, the archival collection will be packed and not accessible. We will not be able to accept archival donations, host researchers, complete research requests, or fulfill photograph reproduction orders during this time.
You may find the following resources useful during our closure:
On our website:
- The Research Guide will guide you through using the resources we have available on our website
- Databases (some of these, including newspaper and community history book databases, reference sources you may be able to access online or at other locations)
- Finding Aids
- Purchase or renew your SPRA membership
- Make a financial donation
- The Grande Prairie Herald (1913-1950)
- The Northern Tribune (1932-1939)
- Grande Prairie & District Branch of the Genealogical Society (for obituaries and family history research support)
- Grande Prairie Public Library (for past issues of local newspapers or access to community history books)
- Provincial Archives of Alberta (for homestead records)
- Land Titles Office
- Alberta on Record (for a selection of our digitized photographs)