South Peace Regional Archives
Rycroft Rural High School District 19 fonds
Rycroft Rural High School District 19 fonds. -- 1938-1941. -- 2 cm of textual records.
In 1938 the west basement room of the newly built Rycroft school became the high school. Frances Dever was the first high school teacher, followed by Wilbur Lyle, Miss Ballantyne, and Mrs. Hartwell who taught from 1941-1951.
The records were preserved and given to the Spirit River School Division No. 47 sometime after it was formed in 1940. Peace Wapiti School Division assumed responsibility for this division in 1994 and the records were deposited in the Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.
Scope and Content
The fonds consists of 3 Daily Registers from 1938-1941.
Back to Table of Contents